Embracing 2016

I have never been a year-long resolution keeper--like the other 92% of people who don't keep their new years resolutions. My friend, Marian, and I share our new years resolutions each year--although I know I will forget about mine in a couple of months. It's a nice idea, it's just never worked for me. 

The idea of naming my year or living into a word for the year has really spoken to me this season. People have written all sorts about choosing a word and or picking one little word. It's a way to frame your year, to live into your values, and to grow into a vision of who we want to be at the end of the year. The word I have chosen for 2016 is...

embrace

1. to hold someone in your arms as a way of expressing love and friendship 
2. to accept (someone or something) readily and gladly
3. to use (an opportunity) greatly 

There is so much change happening in my life--that has happened, is happening, and will happen! That I can see! That's not even the things outside of my longitudinal vision that are yet to be seen! Tim and I were married in December, are moving in February, starting a new job in March, and transitioning to becoming "connections" students. My first tendency is to project myself into the future and not be present for the "now"--for what God is doing right before my eyes. 

I fling my arms open to the newness that is unfolding and the journey that lies before my feet. 

Comments

Popular Posts